Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Reflections

One thing I have learned this weekend is...I am no longer designed to do the splits! After slipping in my garage, doing the splits, hurting my back and then kicking the hearth of our fireplace and probably breaking my little toe, it has definately been an interesting weekend.

I then began to think back to last weekend and realized I was speaking about the Holy Spirit. I know that there is a spiritual battle taking place in the heavenlies and that the enemy of our soul doesn't want anyone to tap into the Spirit's power. So, I stood up this morning with a heartbeat in my toe and said, "Satan, that's the best you have? I am still standing!"

We were able to take a trip through the Old Testament and see the workings of the Holy Spirit. I found it interesting that the Holy Spirit rested on people for specific purposes in the Old Testament. Now, the Holy Spirit is for all believers.

As I am preaching through this series, I want the Holy Spirit to lead me, protect me, provide me with wisdom and empower me to serve God's purposes more each day.

No comments: